If you’re not used to working from home, it can be a strange situation to adjust to. As a software company, we’re set-up for both in-office and remote working, so we thought we’d share some of our own tips on getting the most from home working.
- Get dressed. You won’t feel as productive in your pj’s! So as tempting as it might be, get properly dressed.
- Create a workspace, this means not sitting on the sofa to work.
- We start and end each working day with an informal team video call. We hang out, chat and find out how we all.
- Create a buddy system. We divide the team into pairs, to help with problem-solving and bring about some team cohesion.
- Pace yourself and disconnect. You may find yourself glued to your computer and before you know it it’s 5:30 pm and you haven’t looked up or fed and watered yourself. Make sure to take breaks and a proper lunch break.
- Communicate with your colleagues. Take online coffee breaks together.
- Stay active. Use the time you usually use commuting to do some exercise.
- If it’s helpful for you, then plan. Create a daily schedule for yourself. What time you’ll wake up, be at your desk, have lunch and the time you aim to finish.
Take me back to Coronavirus Hub