We’re on the lookout for a front-end developer to work in our friendly, ever expanding team. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person – you’ll learn from the best at interconnect/it, whilst working with some of the biggest WordPress users in the market. This is a broad role encompassing theme development and client support, amongst other internal tasks. Your day to day work will see you working with both the interconnect/it team and our clients’ various digital teams.
Salary: From £25K + benefits
Dependent on experience
- WordPress, Yii and perhaps Laravel web development.
- Working within a team, including designers and back-end developers, to create fully functional websites.
- Ensuring scalability of front-end builds.
- Performance optimisation.
- Resolving client support enquiries in a professional and timely manner.
- Ongoing development and support of existing client sites.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- A good understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Some experience of PHP, WordPress, Yii and Laravel is a bonus, but not essential, as training will be provided.
- Previous experience of using and working with code control, ideally SVN and GIT.
- A good understanding of how end-users think.
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around this.
- Sound problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a timely manner, with other members of the interconnect/it team, as well as with clients.
- An eye for good design and an understanding of the importance of things looking ‘right’.
- An ability to work to deadlines.
We are committed to providing a great package of benefits to our employees. Benefits include:
- 32 days holiday a year.
- 37.5 hour standard week. Part-time work is possible.
- Flexible working hours.
- Company private healthcare plan*.
- Company pension scheme.
- Corporate rail travel scheme.
- Bonus scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Car parking permit.
- Funded training.
- Electronic sitting / standing desks.
*Once you have been employed for a year.
Our comfortable, air-conditioned offices are conveniently located in central Liverpool, 15 minute walk from Liverpool Lime Street train station and well connected to the local and wider road network.
HOW TO APPLY
If you think you’d make a great member of our team, please complete the application form below.