Salary: From £30k + benefits
Dependent on experience
We’re on the lookout for experienced PHP / WordPress developers, to work in our friendly, ever expanding team. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person – you’ll learn from the best at interconnect/it whilst working with some of the biggest WordPress users in the market. This is a broad role encompassing data migrations, theme and plugin development and client support, amongst other tasks. Your day to day work will see you working with both the interconnect/it team and our clients’ various digital teams.
- Data migrations to the WordPress platform.
- Working with other PHP frameworks to create micro-services and transactional systems.
- WordPress theme development.
- Create and ensure the technical feasibility of client specifications and flat designs into fully functional WordPress themes.
- Ensuring scalability of front-end builds.
- Plugin development – many of our plugins have been created to solve a problem we have encountered when building a client site.
- Resolving client support enquiries in a professional and timely manner.
- Ongoing development and support of existing client sites.
- Performance optimisation.
Skills & Qualifications
- An excellent understanding of PHP, HTML and CSS. Previous experience of WordPress is a bonus, but not essential, as training will be provided.
- Knowledge of coding practices, scaling, security and stability.
- Previous experience of using and working with code control, ideally SVN and GIT.
- Good MySQL knowledge.
- Experience of dealing with cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around this.
- Sound problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a timely manner with other members of the interconnect/it team, as well as clients.
- A reasonable eye for good design and an understanding of the importance of things looking ‘right’.
- An ability to work to deadlines.
We are committed to providing a great package of benefits to our employees. Benefits include:
- 32 days holiday a year
- 37.5 hour standard week. Part-time work is possible
- Flexible working hours
- Company healthcare plan*
- Company pension scheme
- Corporate rail travel scheme
- Bonus scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Car parking permit
- Funded training
- Electronic sitting / standing desks
*Once you have been employed for a year.
Our comfortable, air-conditioned offices are conveniently located in central Liverpool, 10 minutes walk from Liverpool Lime Street train station and well connected to the local and wider road network.
How to apply
If you think you’d make a great member of our team, please complete the application form below.