The University of Nottingham is a renowned educational institution based in the UK. First founded as a college in 1881, the college was awarded the Royal Charter and became The University of Nottingham in 1948.
Our relationship with the University of Nottingham began in early 2011, when we first developed the staff and student blogs site. Since then we have worked on and supported a number of the University sites, including the Community Heritage, Exchange, Hidden Histories and University blogs, sites.
Visit the University of Nottingham blogs site at www.blogs.nottingham.ac.uk to take a look for yourself.
- Custom theme development, both for the UK and international campuses
- High traffic capability to handle rushes of new students and viral content
- Colour coding functionality for faculties if desired
- Website design
- Web development
- WordPress Theme and plugin development
- Ongoing platform management, user and technical support
The University contacted us in 2011 to request the development of a website for their large blogging community. Our brief was to provide a space for selected students, parents, academics and faculty staff members to blog about their experiences. The platform had to to be simple enough to allow content to be published with minimum instruction, yet flexible enough to accommodate a large range of content. With this is mind we set to work developing the site.