We’re hiring again! The company is growing and we’re securing ever more work. Consequently we’re currently looking for the following:
(Scroll down for information on the Office Administrator vacancy)
WordPress Developer(s) up to £35k
We need an experienced WordPress Developer or two to work from our offices in Liverpool city centre. You should have a good understanding of WordPress, coding practices, scaling, security and stability. You should also have good experience of using and working with code control, ideally SVN and GIT. Although this isn’t a design job, it’s good if you have a reasonable eye for good design and understand the importance of things looking ‘right’.
This is broad role that includes theme and plugin development and client support. You will be working closely with both the interconnect/it team and our clients’ various digital teams. You may occasionally be expected to travel, but only if it fits in with your lifestyle. We’ve had trips to India, Indonesia, Italy and Netherlands in just the past year.
This is an exciting job for the right person – you’ll learn from the best at interconnect/it whilst working with some of the biggest WordPress users in the market.
We also strive to provide the finest working environment for our team – excellent equipment, powered standing/sitting desks, a break-out space within the office and an attractive location in central Liverpool. Check out the images below!
Total income should be between £25k and £35k a year, depending on experience and skill with some benefits and a personal/company performance bonus scheme.
- Source control, especially using SVN/GIT
- WordPress plugin and theme development
- Working with clients and suppliers
- Experience in the publishing or journals industry
- Ability to use Windows, OSX, and Debian (the more the better!)
- A fundamental understanding of data and computer science
If you think you’re a little inexperienced or not skilled enough for this job then still get in touch because a: you’d be surprised, and b: we know how to spot the best developers out there. Some of you are too humble. Some a little too proud. We can tell the difference. And even if you don’t make it for this job there will be opening level positions coming as well and all applications are kept on file.
If you are interested in applying to work for us, please fill out the form below and even if you are unsuccessful in this application we will definitely bear you in mind for any future vacancies as all applicants are held on file.
This job closes on the 5th of December 2013.
We are also looking for an office admin to replace Laurie while she takes maternity leave. The job will be a temporary one, starting from late January or early February until the end of November 2014. Hours are 3 days per week, 7.5hrs per day, flexitime with flexible working arrangements possible.
A month’s training will be provided working alongside Laurie, and there will be ongoing support from the company director.
This role involves a wide scope of work supporting the director and team of WordPress developers with the day to day tasks in the office. This will include the main following duties as listed, plus many other small tasks that come with helping to manage a small web development company!
- Answering the phone/mail enquiries
- Maintaining a good record of all clients and current projects, including documentation
- Preparing and sending out contract documentation to clients/sub-contractors
- Recording staff holidays/absences
- Making travel/accommodation arrangements for staff away on business
- Maintaining the company’s policies and procedures, and keeping these up to date
- Helping with the process of staff recruitment, inductions etc.
- Monitoring staff time entries, providing reports as necessary
- Maintaining an up to date record of the company accounts using our online accounting software and paper filing systems
- Checking and filing bank and credit card statements
- Monitoring and reconciling payments to and from the company’s Paypal account
- Processing company bills, ensuring payments are made on time
- Issuing invoices/estimates to clients
- Managing a record of staff expenses
- Ensuring the company pays VAT/other taxes as appropriate
- Communicating with our accountants regarding payroll
This job closes on the 5th January 2014.
The Interconnect IT Team.