SWIGmas is the end of year get together for all SWIGgers – we’ll relax a little, have a drink, and watch some entertaining and thoughtful videos on a range of web and design related subjects. Nothing too heavy, and we’re not planning on anyone giving a talk as we know how hard it is to prepare in the run-up to Xmas.
This month the event is being held on the fifteenth, rather than the normal last Thursday because… well, we all know that an event in the middle of the holidays will be quiet to say the least.
This meet-up takes place at the interconnect/it offices. The SWIG meeting room takes place on the first floor of the Liverpool Science Park (meeting room 1, up the stairs to the first floor once you enter the building, through the propped open door and then first on your right).
Agenda for this Meeting, starting at 6:30pm
- Welcome and Introductions – tell us who you are and what you do, and something cool you learned about WordPress recently like new plugins or themes
- “F*ck You, Pay Me” – The Happy Cog way of dealing with getting paid. Chosen because we can all have these problems.
- “Can we eat to starve cancer?” – TED talk by William Li, chosen because you never know, a blow-out Xmas dinner could save your life!
- “Design and Discovery” – TED talk by David Carson
- Drinks at a nearby pub and open forum
Don’t forget to get in touch if you want to present something at one of friendly meetings, it doesn’t strictly have to be to do with WordPress so talks on design, copywriting, marketing, case studies or just fun web stuff are all fair game. We’ve had some great talks over summer, and the event just keeps getting better and bigger.
If you’d like to add anything to the agenda – just mention it in the comments. Please use the form below to register (it’s free to attend!) If you can’t make it to a meeting and have booked a ticket please do let us know as numbers are strictly limited and it’s disappointing to have five no-shows on a sold out night.