For a change, a site we didn’t design. Instead we were supplied mock-ups and a basic design brief from the Liverpool design agency Black & Ginger, which we then turned into a living, breathing, news website using our WordPress skills to help make a dynamic site easy to manage even for relatively untrained staff.
Key problems solved in the creation of Politics & The City can easily be listed:
- Performance – the site will be expected to receive large spikes in traffic
- Ease of expansion
- Ease of use and content management
- High standards of presentation
- Ease of control over the site’s features
- Highly demanding implementation schedule (three weeks!)
- Analytics to allow monitoring of traffic and to see which features are most popular
Please note that certain flash elements haven’t been correctly rendered by our screen shot software – to see everything in action, visit Politics & The City although it’s worth noting that as at July 2009 the site has been dramatically cut back to a single blog.